Sale Event Ad Campaigns
So, your next sale event is looming up just around the corner …. It may be a monthly sale, a quarterly sale or an annual sale. Will this sale be a success? At times it can feel like a lottery – sometimes you have the correct numbers and the sales flood in, and at other times it can feel as difficult as choosing the right numbers for the lotto draw!
There can be quite an emotional build up to running a sale event. If you are a business owner or a marketing manager, you are no doubt committing significant advertising budget to the event and there are expectations of a result. You need to get a result. You need to get a result to make the sale pay for itself, to get a return and to justify the human effort.
The Challenges in Creating a Retail Sale Event Campaign
There are number of challenges in creating a successful retail sales event campaign, these include:
- Getting the business ready for the sale – there is much to organise
- Have we chosen the right advertising media?
- Are our offers strong enough to get customers attention?
- Will you get enough customers in through the doors for your sales people to sell to? And, of course;
- It’s all about getting a satisfactory sales result
How to Create Your Retail Sale Event Campaign
When spending money on advertising, you want it to work as hard as it can for you. This means not just ‘brand’ advertising on TV, radio or print, but creating a compelling reason to act. This reason may be rational but more likely, it will be an emotional trigger.
This can be achieved by following the timeless fundamentals of advertising. These include:
- Hot offers
- Reasons to trial your business
- Creating urgency
- Time limits
- Creating scarcity; and
- Striking design to create action.
Of course, it’s absolutely key to have your staff on board with the campaign message, the campaign offers and the time limits of when the hot offers expire. It’s important for the staff to be engaged with the vibe and energy of the sale – this can make all the difference.
Key Take-Outs from Marketing Science for Retail Sale Events
Our advice is underpinned by the evidence-based marketing science insights from the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute. Key findings from Ehrenberg-Bass Institute regarding marketing strategy include:
- Media – Aim to reach as many buyers in the category as possible. The most effective ways to reach large numbers of buyers is with mass reaching media such as television, radio, print, cinema, outdoor media and of course, mass reaching digital media such as online publications.
- Advertising – Create advertising that is likeable, triggers emotions and is memorable.
Example of Retail Sale Event Campaign Success
“What do you do…You’re in the middle of the biggest retail campaign of the year and Mother nature decides to unleash with one of the most extreme weather events on record?”Read More
Types of Retail Sale Events We Create
We create retail sales events which include multi-touchpoint, high intensity, urgent campaigns which inspire action. Depending on the right media selections for your business, we develop a tailored marketing plan including the following media channels:
- SMS or MMS to mobile
- Local area print
- Google AdWords & display; and
- Point of sale material for your store.
Book a Free Consultation
If you need a hand in creating your next retail sales event campaign or you are not quite sure where to start, then why not take advantage of our first free consultation? What have you got to lose? We might just be the Adelaide marketing agency that you are looking for to help you take your business to the next level.Contact Us